Technology is great and new technological innovations are even better; but every new technology needs a new and different level of understanding; as some have their own limitations and one really has to deal with them. Radar detector is one such technology that has its own limitation and is seriously required while driving. Those who are into speeding while driving should definitely make use of the radar detectors. They are there to make you stop if speeding as speeding kills and even if it doesn’t, it surely costs a hefty fine.
Radar detectors are considered to be a good investment because they provide one the freedom and confidence to drive without stressing. They save one not only from getting fined but also from all the driving hazards; moreover they are an affordable solution. There are three different types of detectors that one can buy:
- The corded detectors; which are mounted on the windshield with the help of the suction cups. They are known to provide the best detection range.
- The cordless detectors are easy to be installed and provide a better installation than the corded detectors.
- Remote mount detectors; these are permanently installed the vehicles with a clean installation process.
How to select a radar detector?
There are some features to consider while choosing a detector from the best radar detectors 2018 for your vehicle:
- Laser detection, is the first and the most important feature that should be there in the radar detectors. Having one laser sensor in the detector would not give a full 360 degree view, so look for detectors that have 360 degree laser sensor detectors; as they are more reliable.
- Look for detectors that have the highway as well as the city mode option; this helps in giving fewer false alarms and are the best features for driving in the urban areas.
- There are some areas where it is illegal to use radar detectors, so a lot of detector manufacturers have started making models which are shielded and cannot be detected b the radar detector detection. Look for models like these which are shielded and protected and cannot be detected.
- Spectre is like the radar detector detection technology, it can find emissions form a radar detector. There are a few models that have spectre invisibility option so you can look for such kind of models that offer spectre invisibility.
- There are detectors with voice and visual alerts, so one doesn’t really have to look for what the detector has picked. Visual alerts give a flashing light to warn one against a signal that has been detected. You can even keep the detector quiet if you have fellow passengers who are sleeping.
- Gps technology is quite important and useful so radar detectors with Gps technology are more useful than others. The gps device helps in communicating while moving; they help in measuring speed and direction and also help in locating the location. Radar detectors with Gps help in calculating the right distance and the speed at which the car is moving, moreover they also warn when the vehicle is going above the speed limit.
- Compatible with smartphones, this is also one important feature that should be there in a radar detector. With the new models the radar can be integrated with the smartphones, this helps in sending out alerts.
So, if you are keen on buying a radar detector for your vehicle then here are a few good options.
Choose the best radar detector
- Escorts passport S55 – This is one high performance radar detector that is known for its all round performance. It has a built in 720p webcam with video and audio, which can easily be mounted on the windshield. It comes with an auto sensitivity mode that helps in identifying threats; this threat detector helps in accessing the speed limit especially if you are driving on unidentified roads.
- Cobra ESD7570 – This detector offers 360 degree protection with its high rated laser sensors, it also is immune to spectre and radar detector detection which is a plus point. It has both the city and highway modes which help in reducing the false threats to a great extent and this radar detector also comes with a safety alert transmitter.
- Valentine one – The valentine one offers an excellent performance, as it has multiple antennas; it has a forward facing as well as a rear facing antenna. The valentine one comes with an auto-mute feature but it still lacks in a lot of features like the GPS technology. It has a simple user interface which is not quite advanced but overall it is a great radar detector to use.
- Max 360 – This is one of the largest detectors, which is not only large in size but also in the number of features it comes along with. This radar detector comes with features like directional alerts, auto setting option; it also has GPS technology and some advanced features like speed alert, display lights, Bluetooth connection with the smartphone.
- Escort ix – This is an intelligent and a high performing radar detector; which gives a boost to the drivers who are always on the road. It has a false threat detector that is combines with teh GPS and helps in fixing and detecting false alarms.
- Escort solo S3 – It is a radar detector that comes with two AA batteries; this is also a cordless radar detector that can be easily placed on the windshield or even the dashboard. It is best for those who switch cars often, as this detector can easily be switched between cars. The drawback with this detector is that it doesn’t have a GPS alert option, which means that there is no camera for speed detection.
These are some best radar detectors that can be used in a vehicle; all come with different features. So one can choose a detector according to their preferences and requirements; buying a radar detector is the best thing to do especially for the frequent travellers.